Mission: to promote research on vascular diseases
Most of its activities are centered around the dissemination of knowledge and the implementation of research.
Its objective is to promote vascular medicine not only on a scientific plane, but also at an ethical and professional level.
To this end the Institute is working on:
- Promoting education in research on a national level
- Promoting opportunities for training and education of the public on issues related to vascular diseases
- Encouraging voluntarism regarding research, prevention and treatment of vascular diseases
- Providing information on prevention and treatment to individuals and groups
- Providing information on studies in Greece and abroad, on current trends in employment and vocational training and retraining
- Organizing meetings and a yearly international congress bringing together specialists and creating a unique forum in the field of vascular surgery in Southern Europe and the Mediterranean region
- Establishing links with International associations and institutions (educational framework with the Stony Brook University Medical Center, New York, USA, the ESVS - European Society for Vascular Surgery, the ESCVS - European Society for Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery, the University “Sart-Tilman”, Liege, Belgium, the MLAVS - Mediterannean League of Angiology and Vascular Surgery
- Establishing links with young vascular surgeons in training (through Educational Seminars and via the EVST European Vascular Surgeons in Training organization)